Welcome to the homepage of Eli Effinger-Weintraub (they/them/theirs), the “word half” of Tangleroot Endeavors. (The “picture half” is artist/designer Leora Effinger-Weintraub.)
All posts here should fall into at least one of three categories: theater; Paganism; and queerness. The very best posts will touch on all three. Pull up a chair and sit a spell (see what I did there?).
Who am I?
Glad you asked! Here are some words that describe me:
- naturalistic Reclaiming-tradition Pagan
- transportation cyclist
- armchair mycologist
- cat jungle gym
I’ve written some plays you may have heard of, especially if you live in the Twin Cities area:
- The Crown of the Holly Queen (Wheel of the Year Cycle – Winter Solstice)
- The Quest of the White Hawk (Wheel of the Year Cycle – Spring Equinox)
- Girl Gumshoe & Detective Dad
- Title IX (co-written with Jessica Huang, Marcie Rendon, and Saymoukda Vongsay)
- Brittle Things
- Mama Death at the Door
- Para Bellum
- Unit LLT
Yes, I am the Eli who has led the death workshops at Paganicon and co-facilitates the far-too-infrequent Pagan Death Salons. (More of those are coming, I promise!)
I’m one of the thirteen original signers of Upper Mississippi River Reclaiming’s statement against transphobia.
I used to write a column called “Restorying the Sacred” at No Unsacred Place. Man, I miss No Unsacred Place.
Yup. That’s me! Hey, here’s a picture of me: